Whether you’re an entry-level employee, business founder, or corporate executive, sometimes you just need a bit of leadership inspiration.
Sure, there are quotes to be found all over the Web, and a quick scroll through Twitter, Instagram, or your favorite blog could lead you to something enlightening.
But sometimes situations call for humour rather than the stiffness of a good quote.
If you’re looking for a great quotation on leadership that gives you a chance to laugh, look no further.
Here’s a list of 20 that should do the trick:
Handshake (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
1. “The question, ‘Who ought to be boss?’ is like asking, ‘Who ought to be the tenor in the quartet?’ Obviously, the man who can sing tenor.” – Henry Ford
2. “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” – George S. Patton
3. “You do not lead by hitting people over the head — that’s assault, not leadership.” – Dwight Eisenhower
4. “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
5. “First rule of leadership: everything is your fault.” – A Bug’s Life
6. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worse when they despise him. But of a good leader who talks little when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: We did it ourselves.” – Lao-Tzu